Eddie has a habit which he has had since birth...he will awaken with a squawk and then resume sleeping peacefully, without any intervention on our part. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be noticeable. I recently captured such an event on camera, as I have learned to recognise the signs of impending squawkitude - twitching of hands and a sudden fast breathing being the most common ones.
Kayla does something similar (even still), but she "wakes" crying. It's very specific cry, one she only does while sleeping, we call it her "night terror". When we're there with her we soothe her. She never wakes up. Her first one was when she was 4 days old - we joked that the only nightmare she could possibly be having is of being born! Thankfully they're fewer and farther between episodes now, as it does break our hearts. Good to Eddie just settle back down and doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Though I hope he becomes more considerate as you would probably love those precious minutes of sleep when he wakes you!
ReplyDelete