Sunday, 24 June 2012

Times, They Are a-Changin'

In addition to his jabs on the 14th, we apparently also picked up a cold bug at the pediatrician's office.  I (Beth) was the first to get it, and by the time the evening of Friday the 15th rolled around was feeling poorly.  I was anxious to get over it before returning to work on the 19th, and did get rid of all of it except the lingering cough that I always get after illness.  Martin was the next to get it, starting up around Sunday or Monday, but I think his was a milder case than mine (though possibly lingering longer, which was no fun for anyone).  Ed got a little bit of it but was probably protected by antibodies from me.

It's been a tough week for all of us, regardless of the cold, as my maternity leave has ended and we now have obligations to meet outside the home.  I resumed work on the 19th, with four half days in the office.  I start back full time on Monday the 25th and will be trying to pump milk three times a day, which I've never done so often before.  Martin has the new challenge of being a full time solitary Ed-carer during the workdays, made even harder by Ed's current resistance to being fed with a bottle.  And poor Eddie, in addition to all this upheaval of his schedule, seems to be teething!  Or at least in great mouth discomfort at random periods.  He hasn't yet got the hand coordination to put teething rings in his mouth but he seems greatly appreciative when we help him apply them.

Give it another couple of weeks and all of these things will settle down and become part of the new normal, but in the meantime we're all hanging in there and trying to make things as easy on one another as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, not an easy transition. I've had the cold too. (Assuming it's a bi-coastal virus.) Have the lingering "cough cough, ahem, ahem" thing.

    ReplyDelete