Wednesday, 27 June 2012

This kid knows his business

A bleary-eyed post from the land of Sleep Deprivation, so forgive the lack of photos or witty commentary...

...but I just wanted to share with the world that Eddie went ALL night last night without wetting his diaper, opting instead for several nighttime visits to the potty.  I think this has happened several times now (not being the Principal Gentleman of the Privy Chamber, I don't have the exact statistics) but I particularly remember last night, as he also visited (thought did not use...sometimes you just don't gotta go, I guess!) the potty at last night's La Leche League meeting, and similarly came through it without a wet diaper.

His control (and subsequent water pressure) is improving at a startling pace; with the unfortunate side effect that when the floodgates now open, there is a significant amount of splashback unless we get him in just the right position.  I guess baby potties don't expect gushes.  I'll be very interested to see what happens when he a) can sign to indicate he needs the toilet and b) can walk himself to the potty...will he remain interested in keeping himself dry?  Or will other parts of his life feel more interesting, with dry diapers dimming in his memory?

The only down side to his interest in staying dry is that he will often wake up and fuss for the potty rather than sleeping through the need and using the diaper.  But perhaps this will result in fewer wet beds as a toddler?

No comments:

Post a Comment