This video was taken on February 24th, and part of the reason for the filming was because Eddie was actually making noise, kind of a little song she had made up for herself. But there's no hint of any discernible word in the entire video save for perhaps the start of "uh oh", one of her dozen words at the time.
This is one from two weeks later, on March 4th, the day after her surgery. She was SO much more responsive to what we were saying, and attempting to say it back. The cotton had been pulled from her ears; she no longer had to struggle to make out what we were saying to her.
This is the "spoon fling" game; she had tossed a small spoon, and one of us said "spoon fling!" and she thought it was the most hilarious thing ever. I think we were all a little slap-happy with excitement over her renewed connection with the world!
I decided to keep a video log and check in every three months with her progress, to see it over time. Here's early June 2015, three months after surgery.
And here's late August 2015, the closest I ended up getting to six months after surgery.
Massive, massive improvements in spontaneous speech and communicating observations. She's about 8 1/2 months from the surgery now, and is getting even better, with lots of sentences. We're working on grammar and syntax (sentence structure, plurals, question words etc) both at home and at school. I'll try to get a 9 month video done soon!
Addition on 1/12/16:
I got a nine month video in December. I'll add it here, to make it easy to compare.
Go here for the one year sample! http://martin-edventures.blogspot.com/2016/03/eddies-one-year-speech-sample.html
No comments:
Post a Comment