We spent Labor Day weekend at Driftwood Shores, a seaside resort hotel in Florence that would normally be out of our preferred price range, but we have a credit card that builds points towards hotel and travel costs, so this one was paid for by out previous year's credit card use.
No sooner had we checked in and unloaded our luggage than Eddie wanted to hit the beach, specifically the water. At this latitude the Pacific is chilly, if not numbingly cold, but that doesn't deter Eddie. Instead she finds it stimulating.
Of course I hadn't been ready with swimming trunks, so I stripped Eddie's lower half down to her underpants, while I rolled up my trouser legs to spot her in case she took a tumble in the surf. She spent a happy half-hour chasing and being chased by the waves.
Beth and Dominic meanwhile explored the beach. Our hotel is in the background.
Those feet are numb, but happy.
The next morning I was better prepared, and had Eddie in her ladybug life jacket and swimming trunks for an hour in the surf.
In the afternoon I took Dom down for a play on the beach. He's too small and unsteady yet for the sea, but enjoyed smashing sand castles faster than I could build them.
Dismay at getting the trowel stuck.
Beth will have to insert some photos of the indoor pool here,as I never took my camera there, being too busy chasing kids.
Sunday sunset. The careful observer will notice Eddie is tucked up in the stroller, as she fell asleep after a very brief splash in the sea.
Sun setting.
The chaos of Monday morning packing.
No comments:
Post a Comment