It's been quiet on the blog but hasn't been quiet here. Dom's cold lingered a long time and is only just now clearing up. That coupled with the start of the second Wonder Week meant that this past week was pretty rotten, particularly in the night sleep department. I think Martin had two nights on the sofa, one night in Ed's room (because Ed was also up half the night) and then one night Dom and I were downstairs as I was trying to see if sleeping in the swing would work.
Dom also got very constipated for a couple of days and really gassy, and appeared to be in pain when we would pick him up or move him around. It got bad enough to make me take him to the doctor just to make sure nothing else was wrong with him. On Thursday night he got a clean bill of health other than the lingering cold congestion, and it was posited that the cold virus caused constipation and gassiness that is still working its way through his system. Sure enough, over the past 24-36 hours he's been trumpeting like mad and no longer cries when we pick him up.
Last night, everyone was able to lie flat in their respective bedrooms (well, Dom is still in with us normally anyway) so I think congestion has eased enough that breathing is no longer a struggle. Things are returning to normal. Edward continues to share things with Dominic:
...and Dominic tries to eat them. Fortunately he didn't try to eat the bit of bologna and cheese sandwich that Edward tucked under his elbow last night - either as a donation or for safekeeping, I'm not sure which.
Pretty soon the wonder week will be over, but I think he's already starting to come out of it. I'm looking forward to seeing him realise that he has hands, and try to reach for things with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment