Friday, 21 February 2014

A One-Year History of Edward Feet

Ed started walking just before his first birthday, so he's owned shoes for nearly a year now.

Except for a pair of waterproof sandals for warm water play, and a pair of wellingtons for cold water play, all he wears are Soft Star shoes from Corvallis, Oregon. It's all I wear as well, and nearly all Martin wears.

I've been pretty intent on making sure we get Ed new shoes when his old ones are getting small, so he's gone through four pairs this year. This morning I lined them all up to get a visual impression on his foot growth so far. He's in 4T/5T socks (though I'm starting to transition him to larger socks as well) so he's got big paddles!



From left to right: Size 7 Classics (March 2013), size 8W sandals (June/July 2013), size 11W Ramblers (October 2013), size 12 Ramblers (February 2014). These size numbers are not standard to typical kid shoes; I'm pretty sure Soft Star use their own sizing scale.

With nearly two dozen pairs owned between the three of us, we are frequent customers at Soft Star and are starting to see the occasional perks of repeated patronage. It's a great company, and they stand behind their products. If you haven't seen them before, check out their site and give them a try. They're happy to work with you to get fit right, even on custom designed products.

Ed will be in Soft Star at least until he's old enough to protest that his friends wear sneakers and he doesn't, and I am hopeful that the fact that he can get them in any colors he wants will keep him going back to Soft Star after that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment