On Wednesday I took a rare vacation day off to take Eddie to the Aquarium and the beach at Newport. My excuse was that it was just after my birthday, and they had been doing Ocean stuff at daycare, so hopefully she would show interest in the fishes.
Our first stop after a late wake up for Eddie was McDonalds, for some pancakes (they call them hot cakes), and so I could help her complete her Lego car and not be asked every 30 seconds to help while I was driving. Eddie also had an ice cream but lost interest in it and most of it went in the bin.
Arriving at the aquarium there was a 10 minute queue to get in, a lot shorter than there would be on a weekend. Once in we went to the underwater world, and Eddie showed a mild curiosity in the fish.
The diver's helmet photo opportunity was popular, because it has mechanical parts.
Several times Eddie came back to this emergency life raft, which was being displayed by some Coastguard Volunteers.
Chocolate ice cream was also popular, this took her a good 20 minutes to finish.
Lunch at the bayside, Eddie opted for a grilled cheese sandwich and fries.
Over Highway 101 to Nye Beach, and Eddie is racing to the ocean. She loves the waves, and isn't really interested in building sandcastles. Just as well, as the sea breeze whip the sand up and makes it unpleasant to be at ground level.
Zoom zoom, I'm using the zoom to keep Eddie in sight while I struggle along behind with a bag of towels.
Having reached the icy water it's OK to slow down for a moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment