It's much harder to find blogging time with two kids! Gone are the days when one parent occupies the tot while the other gets things done. I suppose those days will be back once the boys can play with each other or do the same activity - which, as it turns out, has happened once so far:
Does Edward remember playing with this mat when he was small, perhaps?
Ed seems to be having a great time as a big brother. Yes, there are the occasional moments of "I want Mommy but she's with Dominic!" but for the most part the parent-sharing is going well. After all, when Mommy is with Dominic, Ed gets uninterrupted Daddy!
Our stroller runs on autopilot now. Ed loves to push it when Dominic is in it.
This particular stroller is a double that I found at a garage sale for $30 last week. I'd been eyeing doubles for a while but they seemed a bit of an extravagance for the number of times I might have two kids on my own. As it turns out, this is excellent for walks around the neighbourhood, as Ed starts out full of energy but peters out after a while and previously would require carrying back.
He's since decided that riding is far preferable to walking and often asks to go for a ride by heading out to the garage and sitting in the front seat of the stroller. Dom's carseat can attach to the back, and when he is big enough he can sit in the stroller directly without needing the carseat component. By then it'll late fall to early winter so I don't know how many neighborhood walks we'll be doing, but it'll still be useful for mall trips etc.
Several times now Edward has asked to hold the baby. He's remarkably gentle here too - though on occasion he has tried to "help himself" when Dom is on my lap by way of grabbing Dom's head, and needed assistance or careful redirection.
Dominic has also been the surprised recipient of many brotherly gifts. So far I have seen Edward give him a stuffed bear, a pencil, a cookie, a toy train, a little car (stashed under his leg for safekeeping) and yesterday found Dom holding this:
Edward certainly knows how to share, though I don't think he's surrendered any drumsticks yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment